Okay, if I’m being totally honest, I’m in a food rut 99.9% of the time. I have a slight addiction to eating out. And I also tend to toe the line of hangry before I finally start to make any food decisions. That’s not a recipe for success I tell you.
I don’t necessarily mind cooking, but like I said–I typically wait too long and then end up in that annoying place where I’m incapable of making decisions.
Meal planning is my friend.
Can I get an AMEN?
I love to eat. So for a recipe to make it into my regular rotation it doesn’t just need to be easy, it has to be packed full of flavor. And if it can resemble something that I could possibly order off a takeout menu, all the better.
Spicy Cheddar Ritz Cracker Chicken
What you need:
- 2-4 chicken breast cut into tenders
- 1 sleeve of ritz crackers
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 teaspoons of Tony’s More Spice (more if you like extra spice)
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 1-2 eggs
What you do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees & spray a baking sheet. Bonus tip: I line my baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Place the sleeve of crackers into a large Ziplock bag and pound the crap out of them. This is your chance to get some aggression out. Someone pissing you off? Good. Even better. You want a fine crumb-like texture. Some bigger bits are okay, too.
- Add the cheese, Tony’s, and salt & pepper in with the crumbled up crackers and shake it up! Bonus points if you dance.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl wide enough to coat your chicken in.
- Bathe each piece in the egg wash then roll it in the cracker mixture. I actually place the chicken ON the mixture then burry it, pressing the mixture down into the chicken.
- Lay chicken on baking sheet
- Bake for 35 minutes.
The first time I made this I accidentally overdid it with the Tony’s, so I’ve learned less is more and that I can always add more later. Obviously, you can spice this however you want–we’re just big fans of spicy!
I usually make this with Idaho instant mashed potatoes because I’m super duper classy (four cheese for life), but I didn’t have any this week so I relied on an old favorite (pour a can of green beans and a can of sliced new potatoes into a pot with some butter, salt, peppper & garlic powder and boil until all the juices evaporate). Probably not the healthiest but as I always say–it’s still better than a Mcdonald’s drive thru (or at least that’s what I tell myself).
Pin it and add it to meal plans!